Sweet Semosh

What made Mamma Biscuit so deserving of an entire bounty of Sweet Semosh vegan baked goods? Might it be that she was such a good little girl during our recent trip to Toronto? Or that she’s the perfect model? Maybe it’s because she dreams of cupcakes dancing around her head. Whatever the reason, Mamma and I woke up to an overcast Saturday morning waiting for what luckily turned out to be a mild hurricane named Irene, and more luckily, a plethora of vegan baked treats we’d like to share with you!

For those who don’t know, Sweet Semosh baked goods are by far NYC’s best vegan desserts! These unique dairy-and egg-free delectables are baked from scratch with artisan craft daily! Mamma, along with dessert lovers everywhere, agrees that these treats taste better than conventional cupcakes and cookies. Baking exclusively cruelty-free, Tommy has perfected the art of compassionate dessert baking. And being of the four-legged, imprisoned variety, Mamma certainly appreciates compassion. Additionally she only shares the very best with her readers as you know, so scroll down and feast your eyes on the treats Tommy had waiting for us! **WARNING** YOU MAY LICK YOUR SCREEN.

First up on our tropical storm menu are these amazing Coconut Dream Cupcakes with toasted coconut flakes. The delicious, dense coconut cake is surprisingly light and buttery. The coconut icing is to die for. Mamma is glad Tommy takes the time to gently toast his coconut shavings. Honestly, these cupcakes blow any Magnolia cupcake out of the water and quite frankly, Carrie Bradshaw should have been nibbling on one of these instead. At least no chickens and cows were tortured for these treats so they are truly guilt-free in that department!

And these cupcakes with the green icing are Coconut Dream Cupcakes kissed with fresh lime juice. We wanted to get real tropical, ya’ll.

Next up are one of Tommy’s signature cookies, these amazing Chocolate Chip Melting Moments. These buttery biscuit-like cookies are sandwiched together with rich chocolate chip butter cream icing. And again no dairy is used to create the cream! Unbelievable? Believe it!

The cookies with the green icing are Coconut Lime Melting Moments with the same coconut lime icing Tommy frosted his Coconut Dream Cupcakes with. We all know chocolate is a no-no for Mamma, so Tommy created these heavenly cookies with Our Lady of Biscuits in mind. She can’t wait to taste what else comes out of the Sweet Semosh oven.

We really couldn’t have planned a better way to weather out the storm than to cozy up with our Biscuit Lady and our good friends at Doorsixteen to enjoy Sweet Semosh baked goods!

This entry was posted in Sweet Semosh, Treats. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Sweet Semosh

1. Chubby Vegan says:

Need. To. Have. These. Immediately.

So pretty!

2. Lori Swett says:

Hi there, it’s Lori from Curly Tail Pug Rescue! Just wanted to let you know how much we adore following Mamma B’s glamorous new life on your blog!! Many of us volunteers are loyal readers / fans / Mamma groupies!

In case you didn’t know we are currently accepting photo submissions for our 2012 curly tail calendar contest and would love to see Mamma B entered. She is so very photogenic!!

Here is a link to more info: https://sites.google.com/a/curlytailpugrescue.org/www/Home/2012calendar
    Thanks again for giving Mamma such a great forever home :)
    the Curly Gang

Hey Lori,

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your love for Mamma Biscuit and most importantly, for your work with Curly Tail Pug Rescue—you guys are the best! I’ve been running around like crazy today at work but I’ll see if I can submit a few photos of Mamma Biscuit for the calendar and make a donation! I’m just a bit concerned because most of Mamma’s best shots are unfortunately vertical! Ughh I’ll see what I can do and thanks for thinking of us! This whole pug calendar idea sounds like a hoot! One more question, are you sure you can accept a 300dpi, high resolution photo via email? It sounds like they would all bounce back if the files are too heavy!

On another note, I can’t tell you how much I love the idea of “Mamma Groupies” LOL It also tickles me to hear friends of mine who attend blogging events and tell me that Mamma’s name comes up in conversation LOL as it should!!! ;-)

• Lori says:

Oh yes, we’ve been getting high res photos from the contest entrants just fine. If you can throw them into a compressed zip file that is helpful but not necessary…

I think we are extending the photo submissons now through 9/8 due to Irene and lots of people being out of power, on vacation, etc.
        Hope to see some Mamma B. pics, I would vote for her!!

xx

3. QinG says:

OMG, those cupcakes look delicious and too pretty to be eaten!
    And all these vegan cupcakes for Mamma to enjoy! She’s a lucky pug!
    I am indeed *licking* off my screen now…

LOL, well Mamma got a taste of everything that you see in this post however, we pigged out after I took the photographs! It was hard to keep my hands on the camera and not in my mouth as I was handling these treats! Daddy Tommy is quite the masterbaker ;-)