Mamma Biscuit’s Christmas Workshop at the Pug Palace!

O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree, thy candles shine so brightly! From base to summit, gay and bright, there’s only splendor for the sight. O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree, how beautiful thy branches—and just so you know, those prelit, white branches on Mamma’s 6.5 foot pine from Martha Stewart’s holiday collection for Kmart has served us very well over the years! Now over the last year, we Biscuits have blogged relentlessly about the plethora of vintage Christmas ornaments that we have picked up from flea markets and antique shops all across the eastern seaboard—and now, you finally get to see where they all end up!

Now set before you is a menagerie of hundreds (literally) of hand blown glass ornaments (mostly made in eastern Europe) mixed in with flocked and plastic ornaments (mostly made in occupied Japan) alongside paper and fabric ornaments—all to create Mamma Biscuit’s glorious Christmas tree! It’s a rarity for anyone to decorate this intensely in a New York City apartment but you all have to understand that our little gremlin feels compelled to go all out for the holidays in an effort to make up for all of those years of enduring one hard candy Christmas after another at the puppy mill in Atlanta, Georgia!

Mamma Biscuit is such a graceful and dainty pug lady around this entire Christmas display and although she manages to fit nicely under the tree, her tail has a tendency to curl up high and brush up against some of our low-hanging ornaments from time to time. With that said, she can usually be found in her toile donut bed gazing at her glorious tree with delight as the Bing Crosby spins on our record player!

Now Mamma’s Christmas tree is not the only show-stopper at the pug palace. Just take a look at her grand entryway that leads into the office (where Mamma’s Christmas Metropolis resides) and tell me if this display couldn’t rival anything those folks have put together at Rockefeller Center?!

Festooned with vintage ornaments from around the world and lit with multicolored Art Deco lights, this entryway makes an impressive Christmas statement! It also doubles up as an annoying obstruction for Mamma Biscuit when she makes a quick turn-style run out of our office to see who’s at the front door!

Standing beside this garland, to the right, is a blow mold Christmas masterpiece of Frosty the Snowman and a traditional noel candle. A french artist has created this blasphemous plastic concoction by combining these two iconic Christmas symbols with a blow torch and finishing it off by melting black and pink latex all over their surface—just what we have in mind when we think of Christmas, melted latex!

At any rate, Mamma has put on her cozy red Christmas pajamas and her fuzzy Santa hat and will curl herself up like a loaf of bread in her donut bed until the big day—after all of this exhaustive decorating, our bitch is on cruise control!

3 more days until full blown, mass hysteria—the battlefield being any local mall across the United States of Shopping!

This entry was posted in Holiday. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Mamma Biscuit’s Christmas Workshop at the Pug Palace!

1. Vanessa says:

Wow. I am jealous, jealous, jealous! My Christmas tree seems so dinky now in comparison!
    You three know how to do Christmas right.

Thanks Vanessa! We’ve had years of practice, and in my opinion, training! It’s so funny to see Mamma Biscuit watching us put this entire display up while she’s laying in her bed—her eyes moving back and forth like she was watching a tennis match—that bitch doesn’t lift a damn paw to help out yet she takes credit for the entire display! Oh well, she deserves it anyway! Now I want to see a photo of your Christmas tree, I’m sure it’s charming and festive!
      The Biscuits!

2. Mariana says:

I’m not really sure what to say! I’ve always hated white Christmas trees, but now you guys had to go and completely change my mind!
    I also love the entrance to the room and I promise to steal that idea and run with it once I have finally moved out of my parents’ place.
    PS: If you guys ever decide to hate the seahorse ornament or the hot dog ornament feel free to send them to me. ;) I’m just so in love.

Thanks Mariana! I grew up with a white tree my entire life—although it was a green tree that was sprayed white and would make a giant mess every time we pulled it out of the box! By the time I was 16, the tree looked like a pine during springtime where most of the snow had melted off LOL—that’s how much of the white snow had fallen off throughout the years! I do have fond memories of lighting my childhood white tree with blue Christmas lights and showering the entire pine with strands of tinsel—it was amazing! I’m not sure why you’ve never liked a white tree—in my opinion, they make a great backdrop to detailed ornaments where as silver trees or green trees have a tendency to swallow up ornaments and all of their detail! No grudge here if you steal our entryway idea, that’s what we are here for, to inspire! Have a great holiday!
      Mamma Biscuit!

3. Those are some beautiful decorations you’ve got there. I bet they’d taste good too :) I was wondering if you could jump on a plane asap and come decorate our place in Canada.

4. Gregsy says:

god, i love your taste.

5. Michele says:

Hi John, Tom & Mamma Biscuit!
    The four of us met the other day at my antique shop, The Cambrige Antique Market.
    Loved talking with you and getting to sneak some hugs and luv from M.B! n_____n
    Her site is DY*NA*MITE and I’m working my way through it now…AMAZING JOB!!!
    Also, I’m DIGGING the Christmas decorations. I can totally picture the beaded JAPAN orns (that you bought at the shop) gracing that white tree…WOW!!! *____*
    Anyway…Take care. I will continue on checking out with Mamma’s fab pics!!!
    Michele (aka MAD) XO

Hey there Michele,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out Mamma’s little corner on the web! It was so lovely to meet you and to chat with a fellow Christmas lover like yourself! We just arrived home today but I will make my way to your web site and flickr page to check out your Christmas goods! In the next week or so, I intend to photgraph the amazing Japanese beaded vintage ornaments so that I can post them on this blog and I’ll make sure to cite you as a source! As you continue to read our blog here, you’ll see that I post Christmas finds and ideas all throughout the year LOL and I usually make a big stink about Christmas in July on QVC (mostly for the camp value and humor and not for the actual merchandise) Visit often and enjoy Mamma Biscuit as she continues her travels and adventures here in NYC throughout her Golden Years! xox
      The Biscuits!

6. Lizzie says:

This is actually the funniest, happiest thing i’ve ever read! I found Mamma B’s blog over at The Guardian when she was featured in their gallery – loving your work gentlemen.

Hey there Liz,
      Thanks so much for the note! I’m so glad you stumbled upon Mamma’s little corner on the web and that your enjoying Mamma’s Golden Years here with us! Pug hugs and kisses from Mamma Biscuit and Family! xo