Naughty or Nice?

I saw Mamma kissing Santa Claus
Underneath the mistletoe at Dees’
She didn’t see us creep
Down the stairs to have a peek
She thought we were tucked
Up in our bedroom fast asleep.

Then, I saw Mamma tickle Santa Claus
Underneath his beard so snowy white.
Oh, what a laugh it would have been,
If her two Daddies had only seen
Mamma kissing Santa Claus last night!

See, that’s Mamma Biscuit’s tactic for getting what she wants from Santa Claus as well as from us. She doles out her sweet pug kisses and all of sudden, she’s been forgiven for the urine she left on the floor in the bedroom. Actually, not just forgiven but treated as if it never happened! What can I say, she runs our lives yet secretly, we love every minute of it! So this past weekend, Mamma Biscuit made her annual visit up to the North Pole—actually it was The Dees’ Nursery out on Long Island but she doesn’t know the difference. Anyway, there she was, in Santa’s loving embrace as she barked her list of wants in his ear in between a few tongue rolls, some wet kisses and a couple of pug snorts! Mamma Biscuit is such a pro when it comes to luring Santa into giving her the green light on a huge list that included a few soft chew treats, a fabulous new dress, a yacht and really, that’s not a lot . . . oh, and let’s not forget the deed, to a platinum mine . . . and to fill her stocking with a duplex, and checks . . . and some decorations bought at Tiffany’s! Now Mamma Biscuit has been a very good girl all year long but Santa did not need to check his list once let alone twice to see if she was naughty or nice. Her unbearable cuteness made up his decision in his mind the moment she pranced up to him in Santa Land. In fact, every year, the lovely owners and staff at The Dees’ Nursery out in Oceanside, Long Island greet us with such love! They all recognize Mamma Biscuit from previous years of visiting with Santa and they love her incredible fashion sense and style. Even Santa looks forward to seeing Mamma Biscuit every year and recognizes her the moment we arrive! Our visit with Santa Claus would not be complete without a portrait where both Mamma and Santa are sticking their tongues out—and It was all Santa’s idea in his funny attempt to pay homage to Mamma’s epic appendage
in this way!

If there is one thing we love to do during the holiday season (besides scouring the streets looking for badly decorated homes) it’s hitting the local nurseries to check out their holiday wares—and boy were they a-plenty here at Dees’.

Everything was going smoothly until we ran into the “Man Cave” Christmas section where I was thoroughly elated and simultaneously disgusted by the menagerie of resin ornaments depicting catch phrases from the stereotypical straight man variety! I will say, those Budweiser Beer Christmas lights were pretty fantastic and nearly made up for all that “lay-off-my-remote-control” themed crap!

We then said our farewell to Santa and told him that Mamma would leave a tray of Tommy’s Sweet Semosh cookies and a glass of almond milk waiting for him on Christmas Eve—the night he’s due to break into the Pug Palace via the window off our fire escape to deliver Mamma’s gifts. We then made our way back to NYC and spent the rest of the weekend putting the finishing touches on our very own Christmas Land in Mamma’s crib. On Sunday we decided to plow through our holiday shopping and you all know how that goes—one item for so-and-so, three items for me, ten items for Mamma Biscuit! Shopping for Christmas gifts can really be dangerous so to take the edge off of our excursion, we stopped by a Christmas tree seller on a sidewalk in the West Village to smell the lovely scent of real pine—and to snap some fantastic portraits of Mamma Biscuit and her favorite Daddy! Shhhh, don’t tell Tommy I said that.

The hysteria of the Christmas season is upon us and Mamma and family have a whole month of fabulous Christmas posts lined up for you all! So stay tuned and remember, Christmas Day is only 27 days away—are you having nights sweats yet?

This entry was posted in Fashion, Holiday, NYC Life. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Naughty or Nice?

1. Candy says:

MB + Santa = Heaven
    Merry almost Christmas Mamma!!

2. Serena says:

Oh Mamma, you gorgeous girl, you just can’t take a bad photo!
    Love the shot of the pine cones as well – such a festive post :)

AWWW Thanks Serena! Christmas is our favorite holiday of the year and this post is just the beginning! Mamma Biscuit is sending you and Soda some very big pug hugs and kisses! xoxo

3. Daina says:

What a perfect holiday weekend! Love all of the photos with Santa.

Too funny; Emily (Brian’s daughter) just this weekend asked how Santa gets into our NYC apartments. I told her I always leave an arrow on the window he is supposed to break into. She stays with her mom in CT on Christmas, so she has never experienced it here in the city! It seemed to all make perfect sense to her :)

Happy holidays! Looking forward to many more posts from you guys this season!

LOL Daina, seriously, Santa has to break into our apartments here in the big bad city in order to deliver our gifts! Thank goodness Emily didn’t ask you where he parks his sleigh and reindeers because we all know how awful parking can be in NYC! Thanks for the lovely comment! Hopefully we can get together in early December with Vanessa! I’m still working out our calendar here and will let you both know very soon! xoxo

4. Funaek says:

I always look forward to your new posts and love all your photos but there’s always 1 or 2 in the bunch that just absolutely slay me and in this post it has to be the photo of Mamma Biscuit looking like a log in front of all the reindeer logs! <3 <3

LOL you know, Tommy and I always joke that Mamma Biscuit looks like a loaf of bread when she curls in her limbs and rolls out like that LOL Mamma sure makes a really funny yule log in front of that display LOL

5. Jana says:

You know all Mama wants for Christmas is…Y-O-U! She couldn’t have better, doting parents and she deserves being spoiled. Dashing coat, Mama.

I just love, love, love Mamma B in that first photo with Santa… I think I have Mamma cuteness overload! And I also think she is too cute to be naughty! Merry almost Christmas Biscuit family. xoxo Patty

7. Lizzie says:

Well that’s just about the cutest thing ever. lol And also, really fabulous; I’m new to your blog, so I just read her story and I think it’s so wonderful that she’s a rescue dog. It’s a really special thing to give an abused animal a new life, so major kudos to you guys.

8. Candy says:

When will there be a MB calendar? She has a pic for every month! (esp October for Halloween and December for Xmas).

9. rox says:

oh. my. god. cutest dog in the freaking world. those santa photos killed me.
    PLEASE make a calendar!!