Pretty in Pink!

prettypink1

To say that it has been one brutally cold week here in New York City is a total understatement! What can I say about four consecutive days of 15-degree highs and wind chills in the negatives? I literally had to pick up my frozen face from the pavement while walking Mamma Biscuit all week long—and quite frankly, I’m ready to go back to our global warming temperatures from weeks past! Friday has finally arrived and the forecast is calling for a damn snow storm to hit the tri-state area. PERFECT, just in time for the weekend! Shit, both Mamma Biscuit and I don’t need a good, solid reason to stay in our respective robes watching TV all weekend long, so bring on the icy mess mother nature—we’ve got every season of the Golden Girls on DVD and a house full of food: in other words, we’re totally ready for you! Actually, Mamma Biscuit doesn’t even have a robe in her wardrobe but she sometimes lounges around the Pug Palace in a pink dog snuggie—hey, don’t judge me, it was a gift people! Anyway, what better way to wait for a snow storm than to have Mamma Biscuit cozy up on the master bed wearing her new pink sweater? Pretty in pink, isn’t she?

prettypink2
prettypink3.5

I like to call this pink sweater Mamma’s Connie Russo from Married to the Mob look! You all remember that movie from 1988 starring Michelle Pfeiffer, Alec Baldwin and Matthew Modine, right? Well, the star of that movie in my opinion was Mercedes Ruehl playing the role of Connie Russo: the horny mafia kingpin’s wife who tries so hard to deal with her insecurities about the fact that her husband wanted so badly to have an affair with Angela de Marco, the widow played by Michelle Pfeiffer! Anyway, this sweater is highly reminiscent of Connie’s entire wardrobe throughout the movie and it definitely has all of the typical mob wife accents that any pug could ever ask for in a garment!

prettypink3
prettypink4

It’s got silver glitter thread weaved into the overall pink yarn and those knitted rosette appliques lining Mamma Biscuit’s spine just scream “other woman” or “I’m looking for a sponsor.” It would be like a day without orange juice for Mamma Biscuit to not fall asleep halfway through a photoshoot, and that’s exactly what she did while waiting for the snow to start falling!

prettypink5
prettypink6

Of course, it’s so typical for Mamma Biscuit to wake up immediately from a deep sleep when Tommy walks into the room with food in his hands—ready to give him her undivided attention and hopefully land some treats in her mouth and in her belly!

prettypink7
prettypink8
prettypink9
prettypink10

Anyway, let’s hope we don’t get too much snow today or worse, have a weekend full of wet, messy sleet mixed with snow and rain! Both Mamma and I are hoping for some white fluffy stuff so we can take a walk through Fort Tryon Park to play in it. One thing is for sure, she won’t be heading outdoors wearing this pink sweater, she only wears it to get her hair set in curlers at the doggie salon on a dry day!

prettypink11

Happy Friday and let the snow games begin!

This entry was posted in Fashion, Knitware. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Pretty in Pink!

1. “I’m looking for a sponsor!” I started howling and snorting when I read that. OMG!!! I’m still cracking up!xo

2. Candy says:

A weekend home with MB and the Golden Girls sounds like heaven!! It’s too cold for MB to be outside right now. What is her go to outfit in the chilly weather??

Candy, our walks in this brutally cold weather are super quick! I just put on one of Mamma’s heavy coats and a scarf and she spends about 5 minutes tops outdoors to do her business! Actually, the snow falling right now has made the temperatures warmer and Mamma loves walking in the snow! We plan on holing up in our warm Pug Palace this weekend to ride out this snow storm! xo

These have to be some of the cutest Mamma B. pictures ever! As always your comments are hysterical too — I haven’t been commenting lately but still enjoying the stories and photos in and around the pug palace. Stay warm. This winter sucks (even here in southern VA it is very wintery and dreary; oh I was SO spoiled by last winter).

AWWW Thanks so much for the compliments, Mamma does look very pretty in pink LOL I’m glad you keep up with Mamma Biscuit! I always say that the only thing anyone needs to stay current in this world is weather.com and mammabiscuit.com! Now about that snow storm we had, WIMPY! We had possibly 2″ total but it’s still so damn cold outside! Our Winter blues have just begun!
      Pug hugs and kisses from Mamma and family!

4. Serena says:

I love that shot 3rd from the end – Mamma looks so happy! Gorgeous :)

That photo was taken while she was barking at Tommy because he had just walked into the room and woke her up because he simply had food in his hands! Maybe I should post the barking photos as well! I’ll eventually get to a “photoshoot outtakes” post LOL Thanks for stopping by Serena!

5. Courtney says:

How do you not spend all day just snuggling that sweet girl! And her little tongue sticking out while she’s sleeping – it’s too much! Cuteness overload! PS – I, too, am the proud owner of all 7 seasons of the Girls. I even find myself from time to time saying things like “one time, Blanche was at the Rusty Anchor and…” or “the other day, Dorothy said…” as though they are people I actually interact with in real life. *Sigh*

LOL Courtney! I think I know every single one liner that those four tough old broads doled out to one another on the Golden Girls! I personally identify with Dorothy and Sophia the most although I secretly aspire to be Blanche Devereaux in my next life–and I plan to store a whole stock of penicillin in my nightstand just in case that ever comes to be! Most of all, I love watching the Golden Girls snuggling up next to Mamma Biscuit on the sofa. She’s dead asleep but I imagine that the sound of their voices on the TV give her comfort! I love that you speak about the cast members as if they are real-life friends of yours, that’s hysterical! xo

These photos of Mamma are just too precious! Nothing cuter to me than sleepy pugs. And the one of her smiling actually brought a tear to my eye. Can you tell I’ve been pugged? lol I’m still recovering from losing my pug Angel Marie this past June, but checking in to see Mamma and a couple other pug blogs always seem to make me feel better.

Aww Patty, thanks for stopping by and for always appreciating our Mamma Biscuit! Your pug angel Marie will always be with you in spirit—that’s what these dogs do, they live on in our memories because we carry them along with us—and we share them with others! The photo of Mamma Biscuit smiling was one of a series where she was barking at Tommy who was standing behind me as I was taking the photographs. He had food in his hands and she wanted some! LOL
      Mamma Biscuit is always sending you pug hugs and kisses!

7. Jana says:

She loves to be one of the girls…and loses herself in her dreaming and sleep.