Giving Face!

Face1

It’s been a really tough week to say the least. I feel like I have nearly forgotten about Mamma’s little corner on web here and when I do have some spare time to actually sit down and write, something work-related always seems to come up. So I apologize if you haven’t seen anything new here in a while, such is life here in NYC. We all have our careers to tend to but the one thing that gets me through a really tough week is coming home to our little spumoni face. She’s such a good little girl who always knows how to cheer me up—even when she’s being a bad little girl whose only focus is getting her gummy mouth on another soft-chew treat. So I decided to quickly touch base with you all today before I head home from work to give you a little dose of Mamma Biscuit. I mean, why should I be the only one to enjoy this face and that tongue? Our little gremlin sure knows how to give face and work her cutest angles to lure food out of us. It’s really her specialty!

So these photos were taken two weeks ago during a stroll through Fort Tryon Park. Now when I say a “stroll” what I really mean is Mamma Biscuit walks for two minutes, does her poopy and pee pee business and then practically begs to be carried like Cleopatra the rest of the way. Shocking, I know!

Face2

Secretly, I don’t mind it. Carrying Mamma Biscuit like a baby sure gives all of the pedestrians something to smile about and makes me feel like I’m squeezing onto a plushy teddy bear in public—a win-win situation if you ask me.

Here’s another photograph of Daddy and child—my two dogs!

Face3

Oh and here I am looking like Mario from the Mario Bros. video game while holding Mamma Biscuit. I can assure you that although I am Italian, I am not a plumber so don’t throw any barrels at your screen!

Face4

Happy Friday y’all! It’s gonna be a fantastic weekend and Mamma Biscuit and family are so ready to take it on!

This entry was posted in Outdoor Life, Portraits. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Giving Face!

1. Chris S says:

Love the Mario Bros. reference. You guys should do a Mario Brothers theme for Halloween costumes. You guys can be Mario and Luigi and Mamma B can be Princess Daisy.

Enjoy the glorious weather (before it gets too damn hot) Biscuit Family! Christine, Ramona, Winston and Dieter (the pug pack)

LOL, that’s actually not a bad idea although I would have to get Tommy to grow a mustache, and I’m not sure he would be willing to commit to that! We have been enjoying the Spring-like weather outdoors as much as we can because once we get into the thick of June, Mamma will be hanging out strictly indoors. I’m sure you know all about pugs and hot weather! xox

2. Kristin Shoemaker says:

Ha! The “carry me!” face! I know it well. We have our beloved (but not so athletic) pug Penelope Glottis and a far more energetic Boston Terrier mix, Eddie… I think of walking Eddie as my cardio workout and Penny as my strength training… my little kettleball.

I’ve considered getting a dog stroller, but I can’t find one where Penny could see me if I am pushing it, and not seeing her mama FREAKS HER OUT. I think I might feel sorta silly doing it, too. But that hasn’t stopped me before… till then, I guess I will keep up the weight training.

Love and pug tail wiggles,
    The Shoemakers

OMG, I have seen quite a few baby strollers around town with pugs sitting in them. Honestly, I would rather see dogs in baby strollers than actual babies, they far cuter, don’t you think! We will all eventually get there with our elderly fur babies! LOL

Awww… Mamma is such a little snuggle bug! Love her hoodie! I know all about that tired pug syndrome! When my pug Angel was still with us- she would walk only so far, then she would nudge my leg and give me the eye, which meant, pick me up mama, carry me home! lol

AWWW Patty, what a cute memory! Mamma pulls the same crap with me and I’m always warning her that her cuteness is wearing thin—but secretly, it’s NOT! LOL Snuggling up with Mamma can be dangerous. One minute your sitting right beside her, the next, you wake up 3 days later from a coma LOL xo

4. Lazar says:

Hi :)
    As a dog lover i really, really love your blog!
    Mamma is absolutely adorable!!! And her two dad’s are! ;)
    I walk my dog in hands too :)

We’re glad you love our blog, yous is just as cute! Isn’t it funny that dog owners “walk” there dog by carrying them?! LOL

• Lazar says:

Well, yes it is funny…most dogs want to be free and run when they go for a walk…The main reason why we walk like that is…they are a lot of dogs on streets without owners who are agresive, and people throw poison in grass to control their number…You have to open all eyes whan you are on a walk here…I have a friend with dog in Switzerland and its very different there…not sure how it is in NY, but I think you don’t have that problem.
        btw…pic of my dog :)
        Hugs to Mama!

OMG, your dog is soooooo CUTE! I love the poofy hair and the slight growl awwww The streets of NYC are the worst for walking dogs. There is broken glass, thrown out food and other odd sharp materials. Mamma Biscuit has been known to eat rocks and gravel off the street UGHH