Vintage and it Feels so Good!

VintageA

“We’ve been selling vintage jewelry for many years now and this is the first time we sold anything for a dog” said John and Marilyn (while giggling) of Wildpalm Vintage Jewels. It was a Sunday morning, several weeks ago when I purchased this amazing, vintage pearl collar for Mamma Biscuit! I know, I’m totally insane but when I draped this beautiful collar around Mamma’s mink stole of a neck, the crowd surrounding their booth practically erupted into applause. It also didn’t help that Mamma and I strolled into the Hell’s Kitchen Flea Market to kill some time while waiting for Tommy to get out from his Yoga practice—talk about a bad combination of too much time on my hands and Mamma Biscuit by my side surrounded by one New York City block full of jewelry! Our pug queen can never have enough accessories, especially handmade jewelry as chic as this.

VintageB

Mother’s Day seemed to be the perfect day for Mamma Biscuit to wear her chic new collar—and boy did she put a huge smile on my mother’s face when we arrived at her home in Westchester County. So while my mother was preparing lunch (yes, you read that right, she’s Italian and refuses to be taken out and dined for Mother’s Day or for any other holiday) Tommy and I headed out to the front yard to take some beautiful portraits of our Biscuit lady! Mamma sure knows how to work a beautiful neck piece while standing on the stump of a tree trunk! As I said many times before, our Biscuit can appropriate anything as her throne! I’m not sure if Mamma is giving us Elizabeth Taylor realness or straight up Lucille Ball elegance in these photos, but either way, doesn’t she look fabulous?

VintageC

As my father finished mowing the lawn while wearing a three piece suit (yes, you read that right, he’s Italian, that’s how he gears up for yard work) and my mother called for us to come inside so we can enjoy a delicious, homemade, Mother’s Day meal, I had just enough time to snap a couple of portraits of Mamma Biscuit and Tommy by the ivy arch over the steps leading to the front door.

VintageD

I’m not afraid to admit this but Tommy is Mamma’s favorite Daddy! She gives him more hugs and kisses than me on any day of the week—and I’m totally fine with it! I speculate that because Tommy resembles a pug, she may think he’s her kind! Meanwhile, Mamma looks at me like I’m a giant, imposing redwood! At any rate, I just love this precious Mamma and Tommy moment under an arch of ivy—two of the most important beings in my life!

Enjoy and happy Thursday!

This entry was posted in Fashion, Holiday, Outdoor Life, Portraits. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Vintage and it Feels so Good!

1. Tommy as a pug and your dad mowing the lawn in his suit. This will help me get through the day!

LOL Christina! I would say my father lost his mind but the older I get, the more I realize that he never had it to begin with! Tommy totes looks like a pug, don’t you think?

2. Funaek says:

I LOVE this! I think this is my favorite accessory for Mamma Biscuit! It fits her so well too. Also I can’t believe that your dad mows the lawn in a three piece suit!

3. Daina says:

I would happily borrow that collar from Mamma any day! It is gorgeous! Happy to read you had a beautiful day with your family on Mother’s Day!

4. Loved your photos of Mamma Biscuit! She looks so beautiful in our collar and in all of her other outfits! I put her on my facebook page and linked your blog page! Hope to see you shopping again in Hells Kitchen!
    Love, Marilyn

Hey there Marilyn,
      Welcome aboard to Mamma’s little corner on the web! We love, love, love the vintage pearl collar and you guys at Wild Palm Vintage have the best collection of them I have ever seen in the tri state area! Check out this other post we shared in 2011 of a couple of other vintage collars we picked up for Mamma Biscuit from our visit to Toronto up in Canada, I think you may enjoy it!

Thanks for stopping by and visit often! We will definitely see you guys again at the Hell’s Kitchen Flea Market in the future!
      The Biscuits!

5. Jana says:

Who wouldn’t want to smooch BOTH of them?

6. There is only one word: DIVINE!

Aww… how cute Mamma looks! And you know, my Angel wasn’t a big kisser either. She did for treats, but that was about it! :-)

LOL Patty! It’s so weird! Mamma only gives out kisses on her terms! I bet your angel did the same thing—treats are a sure way to get a kiss in our household, that’s for sure!
      The Biscuits

One of our pugs — the black girl who is a super alpha dog (not sweet and shy like Mamma) is really scant with giving out the kisses too, but she’s a lover in every other way. Mama’s collar is fantastic! I enjoy all of her dresses but there’s something about those jewels on that lovely furred neck/chest that makes this one of her top looks ever.

Does your dad do all of the garden work in addition to lawn-mowing — that is one damn beautiful garden!! Who cares what he wears; it’s obvious the plants are loving the attention they’re getting.

Yes, my pops does all of the manicuring when it comes to the garden back home and despite the fact that he wears totally inappropriate clothing when he gardens, he does a damn good job of it, so thank you for teh compliments! I also love adorning Mamma Biscuit with giant, jeweled neck pieces, I feel like she can pull them off with such ease! It sounds liek your alpha girl is “se;ectove” when it comes to kisses, my advice, don’t fight it, they come around on their own terms when it comes to licking and kissing. I might also add that despite the fact that Mamma’s shyness (which is mostly indifference) she’s totally the alpha in our home! She has us wrapped around her furry little paw! LOL